Olive Branch

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me take a moment to extend an Olive Branch to Pete Scalia.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree on a number of topics. I would be willing to sit down with you at the AOLP conference or even in Upstate New York sometime. ( I have a job coming up in the Catskills).

If this is not convenient, by all means, give me a cal at 705-385-3000 (INTEGRA Works Inc. office number).

Perhaps, if we were to put faces to our names, learn a bit about each other, things would not be so acrimonious. I certainly would like to see an end to the veiled insults and teardowns that you spread across this forum.

So how about it Pete?

James-H&S.gif

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

I can only assume that Pete has read this and had decided not to accept.

Such a shame really...

Oh well. I tried.

3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Maybe he did and it got deleted? We may never know.

Maybe Chris said something, too.

It's hard to believe nobody took a cheap shot at your goofy countenance. :)

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Jeez Mike, a little professional decorum please.

5. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Sorry, can't edit that out now--oops.

James is the man, no offense meant. :canadaflag: I get silly, and I think my point is more about the censored stuff lately.

Actually, his post took a lot of guts and he looks a lot like David Hasselhoff (sp?) the Baywatch/Night Rider guy.

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Okay I have been called a lot of things! but never David Hasselhoff!!!! Sheesh.

Most recently I was approached at a James Bond party by a talent scout to do stand ins for Roger Moore.

In the past I have been mistaken for Jim Carrey (by a bunch of Brits at a resort in Jamaica... they wanted photos and autographs! LOL of course I obliged) and further back people thought I looked like Kevin Bacon.

Have a great day.

007's.jpg

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Let me try this again.....

I am a bit surprised to the that two entire Threads, specifically "public forum" and "private forum" have been stricken from this site. There was a lot of good and useful information in the 'public forum' thread, and the 'private forum' thread was an excellent example of controlled and restrained creativity as to how to overcome censorship issues.

I had hoped that the moderators here would have been more sensative to your freedom of expression ideals!

Have a great day.

8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I was kind of bummed to get up this AM and see that thread gone. What happened, did it turn nasty?

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

There was no nastiness involved... simply a group of people expressing their opinions on the public nature of this forum, how to behave properly within such a forum and some ideas on forming a new avenue for private discussions that would be a controlled access forum.

Had it gone ahead, it would acutally have been a source of revenue for lawnsite.

All intertesting, positive, constructive and novel content.

10. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I saw the "Public Forum" thread disappear yesterday, and I was disappointed. Now that I see the "Private Forum" thread has been deleted as well? Well, that's just nonsense and this forum has already gotten out of hand. It's one thing to have to deal with a few pesky members. But when the main problem shifts to the moderators, it may be time to go elsewhere. I expect this message to last about 2 minutes also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.