Olive Garden, Chilies, Ruby Tuesday's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

You know they type of place, take a wild guess what the price they want to pay for a MAJOR cleanup/mulch and monthly maint.

1200' of hedges 18 palms and very dense misc. plantings around entire building that have not been touched for over 6 months, mowing is only 2500sq feet.

I bid $3500 cleanup/mulch,
    $700 per month

I will pull a Bobby and make you wait!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the are probably only wanting to pay around $1200 up front, and then $200 per month...am I right??? :)

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'd have to agree with tiedeman. They probably have 8-10000 people through there a week........depending on the area , maybe more.

I just gave up on a Ryans....they wanted all that but whenever any extra work was mentioned it was always "You gonna charge me for that?"

You'd be lucky to get 300.00 a month.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, that district manager of the restaurant gets a nice bonus for cutting operating costs. You cant blame him. He's doing his job, and he'll probably get lucky and get some inexperienced newby to under bid himself.

Companies like that hold large meetings, sometimes via satelite on how to cut costs.

I work for a supermarket, and one of are biggest expenses (so they say) is PAPER bags vs. the cheap PLASTIC. They want the checkers and baggers to "hide" the paper bags, and only use them if the customer ASKS for them.

Another big area is our reclaim/damaged product procedure. They now want us to sort damaged from out of date code in seperate containers so that they can get a few more cents back for damages.

Cut hours, cut this, cut that, do we NEED this or that?!!! You would laugh at all these meetings and the money spent ploping these overpaid managers and district managers (over $120K/year) into chairs to listen to this propoganda.

Oh, sorry! Just submit the proposal, and include a fee for your estimate. We need to start charging people for estimates on the bigger stuff. Way too many people "window shopping" having us spend hours estimating and preparing a bid package for NOTHING!

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's hear it! We're impatient.

6. I'll second that! I'm tired of "shoppers" who want me to set up their yearly lawn care agenda, then piece meal it out to individuals. Or do it themselves.

I don't know what to do about it. I know I'm getting more tight lipped when anyone asks for a proposal for lawn care.
    I'm as likely to say "How about getting a PROFESSIONAL in here to take care of the lawn! Quit trying to pinch pennies until you can see a tear in Lincoln's eye."
    I mean really! If they're actually too poor to maintain a lawn as they suggest, let them plant soy beans. It's a cash crop!

Sorry to rant like that. But these educated, pencil sharpening, tightwads trying to wring another nickel out of the lawn care guy are just driving me nuts!

Proper landscape maintenance is the cheapest "face-lift" their property is ever going to get.

Dave

7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

$700 for cleanup
    and $175 a month

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, I was doing pretty good with the one I had.........$225.00 a month year round!

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

HA barchaser...your funny man:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

ALSO-sorry forgot to put this in

TLS-I work for Stew Leonard's and we have to keep the paper under the counter and only use it when asked for it...and were not allowed to give out double paper.

I guess these super market cost cutters are common.