Oliver Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Beverly Corbett, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Beverly Corbett

Beverly Corbett LawnSite Member

Recently purchased a 1950 Series Oliver Tractor and would like to have resources to order parts. Your input would be appreciated.

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Nice machine bev. Post at www.tractorbynet.com You will find all the tractor information you will ever need there.

3. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson LawnSite Member

Hi there, I thought I'd help you a little bit with how to get information about your tractor. Oliver was bought by White, which combined with a Massey and Allis to form the current AGCO line of equipment. A good AGCO dealer should be able to help you with manuals, and parts, or be able to direct you in the right direction. Oliver tractors were built with mostly "off the shelf parts" from other manufacters, so parts are easy to find for them. Another idea may be to look up a antique tractor club, as they would also be a good source of information. I hope this helps a bit, and have fun with your project.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Here is another site for old tractor talk/parts:

http://www.tractorshed.com/ol.html

Maybe the information you need isn't here, but it is sure fun to read about the old tractors and see the pictures!

6. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Bev,
    look up this old tractor in yadkinville nc. They are run by charles neal and my brother in law. they restore and sell older tractors and parts . i am quite confident that they can help you out. shipping should be available and yadkinville isnt to far from you. these guys live eat and breathe older tractors and i am sure they would drool all over your oliver

7. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

www.ssbtractor.com is another good source for parts on these older machines.
    By the way if you go to www.tractorbynet.com I am birdhunter1 over there as well.

Those Olivers wre soom good tuff machines, if you got one in good shape it should last quite a while before it finally goes boom!