Omaha Guys I need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nu83, Aug 26, 2002.

1. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

My trailor was stolen last night with my two mowers on it. I bought a new Exmark wb today but wont be able to pick it up until Wed. One of my friends is letting me borrow his 5x8 trailor so I should be in good shape later this week. I am in need of a little help with a few accounts tommarow. If anyone could pick up one or two tommarow it would be greatly appreciated. You can bill me whatever its worth to you.

It looks like a bank camera from across the street captured the guys stealing my trailor and mowers, hopefully Ill get my stuff back.

Let me know guys, email or call me
    nu83@yahoo.com
    616-4058
    Dan

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm not from the Omaha area, so no help there. But I wish you luck on getting your stuff back. It's just ridiculous what some people think they can get away with. I hope they give them what they have coming. Good luck.

3. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

So sorry to hear about your equipment... I hope you get those BAST***S,, this makes me ill. I had to chase off someone the other night, I know they will have to be replacing a back windshield...LOL. we work so hard for our money and euipment. I sure hope you have good luck in getting the trailer back. Sorry I'm not closer to Omaha, Valentino's sounds so good.... Sorry to hear the news....

4. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

I can't believe that some one would attempt something like that!!

Sorry to hear about your misfourtune. I hope that you have insurance, you may end up with new equipment. Oh, plus the ten bars of gold you had in the bacK! Insurance guys are pricks.

You should have heard my wife ***** when i kicked her out of the garage for my trailer. I think that I will show her this post.

Good luck

5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Insurance wont cover it because I only have liablity not theft. Also, homeowners will not cover it because it is used for a business and they were not informed I had it before it was stolen. Total BS, what did they think I had the lawn service contractors insurance for? Antyway I knew the chances were slim of being reembursted.
    thanks

6. sgtgm5

sgtgm5 LawnSite Member

Hmm,

Sorry to hear your loss

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

wish i could help ya out pretty busy myself . where was your trailer sitting

8. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Well I should be ok, I think I can pick up the 36 early enough today to get a few done today and maybe be caught up this weekend. It was stolen from 135th and Q.
    This may sound weird but I really miss one of my mowers, the first one I ever bought a 48' JD wb. Everyone thought it was ugly (green and yellow) but it cut great and paid for itself 10 times over. I had finally gotten a velke for it a month ago and now its gone. Its so much more than a money issue for me right now.

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about your luck. Good luck getting caught back up. I am sure you customers will be understanding at least for a week or so.

One thing you might try doing to make taking the trailer less tempting. Run a loop of chain thru spokes on both wheels and part of the frame on the trailer and then padlock it. I can assure you it will not go far with that set up.

10. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

And keep a big Pit Bull chained tho it with about 50 ft of chain ,JK.Man really sorry to hear about your loss, but rember if it doesnt kill you it just makes you stronger.