OMG!2 Days of 40-50 mph WINDS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bastalker, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

The last 2 days 40 -50 MPH winds have completely emptied the leaves off several of my fall cleanup accounts:angry:

No fences around here..

I felt like standin in the middle of thier yard with the bp strapped on(not runnin of course) with the bill in hand, an a big smile on my face.

Well it really aint funny... I lost a few $$ cause of it.

I feel sorry for the ones down the street that were on the recievin end. They rake thier own leaves. Looks like thier gonna rake everyone elses this year:D

Heck, think I'll drop off a card;)

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That wind came thru Green Bay about 3-4 days ago. It made me a lot of money because my customers know what they were charged last year is about what they will be charged this year (plus inflation). One job that took 2 people 8 hours only took 4. Same great price. That was the agreement. I did get caught with one or two that were on the recievin end but all in all I made out well. One more week to go. Yee Haww

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I lost some dinero too:angry: Oh well, snow season is around the corner...

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

try explainin to someone why your original estimate just doubled cause the wind dumped more on there property.... aint fun

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Don't complain dude. It's better than trying to explain to yourself why you are losing money. Had a couple of houses that are normally $300+ cleanups, get done in just under 1 hour. That really stinks. :cool:

6. GardenTech

GardenTech LawnSite Member

-Not to mention all the sticks and trash the wind left behind...My back is killing me!

7. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Had a couple of props that were the same way. Just rode around with the UV a couple of times, without havin ta empty it, and put $150 an $200 in my pocket.

Did I feel guilty? Yes I did.. So I rode around on the z one more time and striped it real nice. 45 mins @ 1 place, and an hour @ the other.

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

58 mph winds here too. One job that was usually a 4 hour for 2 men was only 1.5 hrs. Lost $ on that one, but did get several more so all comes out in the wash!

Mike

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a couple of places that were completely clean, and now you can't even tell I was there. I have leaves in all the beds, all over the turf, and even piles on the driveways and patios. Atleast THIS time when I do them, they won't be so matted down from all the rain, although it IS raining right now, and more expected later on this week. We'll see how it goes.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same here...gonna be kind of touchy how I will invoice these places. It isn't my fault they weren't picked up yet by the township at curbside and/or the fact Mother Nature and I never could seem to see eye-to-eye. I don't think I will have any problem with commercials. Residentials might be a different story though.