1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$$ on a paver patio

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Q-Team Inc, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

I have a customer that is buying a rental house and wants to have a paver patio put in. It measures in at 705 sq ft. No weird angle or curves. Square off from this house.The ground is pretty level now and very little digging will be involved. I have done 1 very small patio before by myself. The customer had the materials but never got around to doing it. Just charged him hourly labor rate.

I'm looking at using Holland Stone paver's manufactured by Belgard.

Want to throw a price at me on what you would charge??!!
    Or any helpful formulas that you have come up with.
  2. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from PA/ SW

$6.00 per square foot sounds about right to me.
  3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

$12,690 or about $18.00 per foot
  4. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I could never land a job at 18 bucks a square foot. Around here you are lucky to get a paver job at 14 bucks a sq ft. Again though just depends on how your market is.
  5. SodKing

Market here supports $18 to $32 per foot but then New ENgland has always been on the high end of the market
  6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

$10a sqft plus the cost of the stone......If she already has the holland stone then charge her $7050.00 to install...pavers are never an easy install when done right....that is a fair price for the labor and base materials should be able to do it with 3 -4 guys in 2 - 3 days providing the weather is good.

7. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

Doe this price include the base? What do you get for a Bluestone job?
  8. SodKing

Yes it includes the base. We did a nice natural Bluestone patio last year. The size was about 640 sq ft with a 31 foot stone knee wall, we charged $31,241.63.

It was on a home with a value exceeding $5mil.
  9. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

sod king,

are you looking for an irrigation sub...have truck and trailer..will travel for those prices.

gw truck 2.jpg
  10. SodKing

I saw a Green World at the NH landscape and Garden Show Today in Durham. Was that you?