1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

? on a problem w/ECHO ms50 backpak sprayer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GarPA, Oct 2, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

this is the big 5 gal sprayer. We use it only for fertilizing large flower displays.
    It has a problem where we have to constantly pump the handle and to get any pressure but no pressure seems to build up in the tank. So I look in the manual and it says there may be a problem in the tube/syphon pump and they say to unscrew the top of the syphon pump where the hose goes into it as there may be a problem with the float being stuck inside the syphon (or whaterver its called). I tried to unscrew the top off but I can't even see a hairline crack where this thing would unscrew. Plues its a bear to get a good grip on it and I dont want to use vice grips as I might crack it. It looks like its sealed but I cant see where else you could get inside to check the float ball. I've never had to work on these things so I dont know what I'm doing ....obviously.
    Any help/advice on getting this thing apart would be appreciated or if you could tell me if you've had a similar problem and how you fixed it.
    BTW, the gasket and check valve are oiled so I doubt thats the problem...thanks for your help