on a proposal, beginning when?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LocalTouch, Jan 19, 2003.

1. LocalTouch

LocalTouch LawnSite Member

I am working on a large proposal for several properties managed by one company. I have it almost finished, but what date should I put in for the begining of my landscaping/spring clean up? I am in Ohio.

2. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

End of March, beginning of April.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

It all depends on the weather, I would say the same though, end of March to the beginning of April.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

You could also put on it, that it will be completed weather permiting. That might cover your butt as well. But a lot of times these guys want exact dates and times. Put down a date, and then beside it (complete at this date weather permitting)

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I usually just say the month of April. If they want me to start sooner, thats no problem either.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

You might consider wording your agreement as follows:

Lawns will be mowed approximately twenty five (25) times during the growing season as based on the following schedule:
    (indent here) a. March 15 to June 15: mowing once per week
    (indent here) b. July 1 to September1: mowing once every two weeks
    (indent here) c. September 15 to November 15: mowing once per week

If the weather precludes starting mowing operations at March 15 or ending earlier than November 15, the number of times the lawns will be mowed will be reduced accordingly.

Please note that Lawns without irrigation systems may require mowing intervals of several weeks or more during periods of summer heat/drought stress. Irrigated properties and cooler fall weather may also extend the mowing interval.