? on Intermix Oil sold by J Thomas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Feb 20, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Somehere, and I dont remember where, I got a bottle last year of Opti 2, 2 cycle oil. Really like it and some of you here often sing its praises. Can't find any on line site that sells it. J Thomas has a product that appears to be similar to Opti....its called Intermix. Anyone out there ever try it? I cant find Opti anywhere around where I live...thanks

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I've used both. Not much difference between the two, although Opti seemed to smoke less.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Mike...do you still use either one of these? I'm half tempted to just go up to Home Creapo and buy Echo oil...tired of the hassles trying to find this "good stuff". Although it sure seemed like the machines ran so much better with Opti...but maybe that was just my wishful thinking on my part

4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we use j.thomas and home d's echo oil sometimes.... no problems with it, other than my idiot guys mixing it rich sometimes....

5. drains

drains LawnSite Member

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

No. I have the same problem as you - finding someone who carries it. I use Stihl oil, but when I'm out, I think I might give Amsoil a try.