? on lightweight/breathable rain gear

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GarPA, Mar 3, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Looks like another wet season on the way. This year we're going to do much of the mulch work on rainy days (when not pouring). The heavier rainsuits are just too warm and dont breathe. Was considering getting a couple of golf rainsuits with Goretex but they are a tad pricey. Sitting in the truck while its raining is not an option this year...I want a personal life this year.

Have you purchased any products along the lines of what I'm talking about and if so what did the suits cost you? thanks

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

You need Frogg Toggs.Lightweight,duarable,breathable and waterproof.They'll even put your logo on them for ya.Great company to deal with right here in Alabama.
    When you get them you'll think,"Man this is gonna rip easy",but I've had them for going on 3 years with no problems.

3. GarPA

from PA

thanks nick...I'll see if I can find them on line

4. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Frogg Toggs are the one, I used them when I fished bass tournaments. Thet are as good as gore tex type stuff, but much lighter!

5. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I just go to walmart and buy Stearns. They are light weight nylon and think I payed around 20-$25 a piece pants and coat.

6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Frogg Toggs, all the way!!! You can them at Academy for about $60 (at least here they are).

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Gopher, you rock!

:D

9. GarPA

from PA

and does does his software...will be buying it next week...soooo easy to use and does all I need and more..and not at all pricey

10. GarPA

from PA

based on some of your comments and what I saw locally at the discount stores (would sweat to death in that stuff) , I ordered the Frog Toggs. I wish they had yellow but they dont...had to get orange....god that will be ugly...I'll look like a Bambi hunter in June! oh well, at least I will be seen thats for sure