On Line Banking

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawntennis, Mar 29, 2011.

1. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

I love online banking. I can pay bills, check balances, look for checks, etc. It is great. If your bank offers it you should do it. You won't regret it.

2. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I totally agree. It is very convenient.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have online banking and always trying to convince my dad to sign up for it, but I think he is too old fashion. I also have it setup to download banking transactions to download straight into quicken....man I love that too. I literally only spend about 20-30 minutes a month with my bookeeping.

4. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Funny, I have used online banking for over 10 years.
    I have a customer who is an executive with one of the major banks in the country and he does not pay me through his bill pay. I've been their landscape service provider for 9 years. 99% of my customers use online bill pay to pay me but the bank exec......... makes you wonder!

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

most banks provide this service. yes it's great.

dont allow creditors to pull from you account. set up bill pay.
    if you let them pull from it. you have NO control.

I always hear horror stories. like the guy who cancled his dish network account and 6 months later there still pulling money from his account

6. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

It would be great if somehow my tranactions could be downloaded to quickbooks. I don't think mine can do that.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yeah, I don't think you can with quicken. Thus the reason I use quicken home & business. I am sure Quickbooks will do the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I have Bank of America, and am able to download everything automatically to my quicken home and business. I do my credit card transactions through them and payroll as well. Couldn't be any simpler

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Wells FARGO..... yes it can be downloaded

10. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Have you tried depositing checks using the iphone app? Its offered by chase and maybe others you use the app to take a picture of the check then it gets deposited into your'e account. I have the app but haven't tried it yet.