on line suppliers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Drew Gemma, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for lights that get set in with pavers and the lights that mount above the tread on stairs. Need a cheap on line supplier with a good product. Any ins and out would be greatfull this is my first job actually putting in all this on my own home.

2. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

"Need a cheap on line supplier with a good product."

Online suppliers charge less for a reason; they won't be able to give you the support you need as you grow into this business.

I suggest you find a good local distributor, build a relationship and learn from their experience. Local distributors can be a good sources of referrals. They are often flexible with credit terms and they have a vested interest in helping you succeed.

Many good distributors will also give you on-site support and deliver product at a moments notice. They will also work with you on returns and service issues.

In my opinion, local distributors are a vital part of the landscape lighting community. Our company does not sell to online suppliers that have no local base.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with you all the way Steve. My local distributor in invaluable to my business.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Amen to that. I dont have to stock half of what i would if I ordered online. Its great to be able to run and pick up a box of bulbs and such without having to order it in and wait days for it. In all actuality I have not found that much of a price difference between buying at my local lighting supplier vs buying online. Returns... repairs...support... no problem.

Usually runs my card at time of sale but also is flexible if I need to hold off a week or 2 until a check clears the bank on larger projects.

Don't forget the great part of being able to pick up a fixture or new products and look at them before ordering them.

Cheaper aint always the best deal

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

i have no suppliers local plus I just want to do my own lights screw everyone else I have a hard time keeping up with what we already offer but I do understand the local support. I basically want lights that fit in you rpaver layout and the one that go under the tread of the steps. My friend is an electrcian so iam gonna lay it out and hell hook me up

6. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

www.outdoorlightingdirect.com... call chuck and if you qualify for contractor pricing by providing him your contractor number then he will wholesale to ya.

Has all the lights for under the steps and the kerr pavers in stock.

I think frog lights also has a new LED paver or one coming soon so you may wanna check with noel on that. Never seen the product but the kerrs are just a plastic box.

Show us some pics maybe a diff idea might come up