? on momentum app price

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PTSolutions, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

im trying to figure out a quick price on application of momentum fx2 via a stihl sg20 backpack sprayer. i pay about 80 bucks per gallon of momentum (includes tax) and am mixing at a rate of 1-1.5 ounces per gallon of water. I want to charge two customers who asked me for this application by gallon applied to their yard. they are rather small patches, one is less than 2K and the other not even 1K of turf. I was thinking $20 per gallon applied. i hate asking, but does this seem right? we have done plenty of granular apps but im a bit more concerned about this liquid app.
  2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

According to Ohio Dept of Ag website your business (in your sig) is not registered to apply pesticides. So the answer to your question is no, rather than a dollar amount.
  3. PTSolutions

from OH

lic #: 97986

do you have anything more helpful to add?
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

How about charge you usual hourly rate plus cost of the product.
  5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, it is tough to give a price per gallon. I never do that just based on the fact that I could spray 1 gallon per k or 4 gallons per k. I like the idea of your regular hourly plus material. Or just tell them that you will do it for X and leave it at that.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda spooky that your biz name or name does not show up on your state licensing website as per the poster above. You might want to get that checked out - anyone lic to apply pesticides should show up there for the public to see (at least that is how it is here in MN anyway)

Also, for these small lawns, I would make some sort of minimum charge like $30 for the application. Most have a price per 1k sq ft, but also have a minimum price pt they will not drop below.
  7. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

Service call = $65.00
  8. PTSolutions

from OH

sorry to disappoint you guys, but i was shuffling through my filing cabinets looking for my actual license, i pulled the license number off my pamphlets.

turns out I somehow let the license lapse and its currently expired. I dont know how the letter from Matt Beal slipped past me for the current licensing period about the reminder to renew, but i just filled out my application again. I apologize and appreciate your vigilence to check out those for proper credentials. there are lots of high school operations around here applying product without proper credentials.

back to the topic on hand, we usually only apply granular product on 4 or 5 app per season packages, or individual requests for fert or weed control via granular product. Or starter ferts on new seedings along with the follow up app 4-6 weeks later. I am unfamiliar pricing liquid app, so the easiest way I came up with quickly was to price per gallon, as 1 ounce of product costs me approx. 60 cents which i just rounded to 1 dollar and figured the rest as labor and overhead. working with such little material cost I am probably going to just bid per the job as I have alot of leeway doing it that route.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Why in the world would you be using Momentum FX2 at this time of year? I think I'll leave this one alone.
  10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Why would your license be in a filing cabinet? You should carry it on you!

ALSO...you shouldn't have to look at your license to know your number! If you use it you would know it!

None of this is going together for me! Stick to mowing bud!

WOW! :dizzy: