1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

on reciept

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 8, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

when you send a bill, and the due date is "on reciept", when do u expect payment? i sent a bill 10 days ago, and not recieved payment. he seemed insulted, when i stopped by yesterday
  2. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

When I send a bill that says "due on reciept" I expect it to be paid within 30 days. You might want to put a note on the bill that says interest will be charged on all past due accounts, I started doing that last year and have noticed bills are paid much quicker. Another thing you might want to add if it's a landscape install is that all plant warranties are voided if it's not paid in full within 10 days. Hope this helps.
  3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I actually made the mistake one time of highlighting in yellow the phrase "Due Upon Receipt" - made one of my better customers upset and he asked me if I was insinuating something.
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

upset? because you need to be paid? how silly.
  5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

when I would bill him he would usually pay within a week and he thought I was insinuating that a week was too long.
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Our billing goes out the first of each month, and is due by the 15th.We have had a few sent out "due on reciept", and I expected to be paid within a short, but reasonable amount of time, say a day or so for them to sit down and pay the bill , and another day or two for transit time back in the mail. So maybe within 3-4 days of them getting the bill. Nope...it only seems to work that quickly if there is a demand for payment letter attached to it..lol..
  7. bobbygedd

from NJ

was a week too long? i don't think so. as we speak, i have a tree company outside trimming my pine trees. i seriously doubt, that when they are done, they will wait a week to get paid. in fact, i'm positive, that when they are done, they will demand payment. was a week too long? only u know the answer.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

If you put due upon receipt, you should also put the rest of your terms. Like late charge after so many days, etc.
  9. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I guess i'm way to lineate on my dating. We give thirty days dating. However, most of my clients are larger commercial props. that only cut checks bi-monthly or monthly. With our homeowner's we give the same dating, it's worked good for us and I think the customer likes it also.
  10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Maybe my perception is wrong, but due on receipt does not mean late upon receipt. Thirty days is late for me.