On schedule??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering if anyone else feels like they just can't get "caught - up" this year. I for one sure don't. Don't get me wrong, we have been on time with all of our mowing. Its just that the way this season started w/ left-over clean-ups from last fall's early snow, and further delays by a snowy spring and slow thaw w/ cold temperatures, we did start about 3 -4 weeks later than normal. Our pre-M was later than normal, mulching started way later as clean-ups dragged on, and we still have about 45-50% of our clients to do pruning for. We have also had one of the rainiest years I can remember, yesterday we tied a record 22 days in a row w/ measureable precipitation. I'm already signing fall landscape work like mad and have a lot of clients interested in fall renovations.

Usually, my staff gets limited OT in the summer as we take weekends off, but this year, many are still acquiring 5 hours OT on average in a 5 day week.

I guess it beats the alternative.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We've stopped taking work for this year,just can't get to any more.
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Well I can relate with the facts that our mowing schedule has been off almost every week this season. Between little side tracks due to the fact that my boss is a spec builder, break downs and rain, we just havent been able to stay on track. It always gets done by the end of the week but alot of times we work right through friday and many 13 hour days.

I feel for you who are behind:cool:
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Not at all.

Sure things were later this spring. So was everything we did. We did keep up with our schedule no matter what.

Start shrub trimming 2 weeks later than the past couple years. So, some we got to later, but no big deal. As of today there are only a handfull left to do. Would have been all complete, if not for this real nice landscape job we did all last week.

Going to start aerating and seed next week.
  5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: turfdude, i feel your pain evrytime i get within a few accounts of being totally caught up with sidework it rains for days, and people call like you totally blew them off and say where are u?, amazing how many have no idea what weather does to us. were cutting ahead all week so we can do 4 days of sidework and hopefully get it done, where behind on all aspects this year. this time last year i was on the golf course by 3pm twicw a week, not this year. tony
  6. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

we are never behind, just ahead for next week.:cool:
  7. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

1 inch of measurable percipitation since March here in PHX
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we will be caught up with everything on Thursday (crossing my fingers) except for a landscaping project that has been on the back burner.