1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

? on Super Z hydro filter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by imograss, Jan 19, 2004.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Pj, or others.
    My question is what brand of hydro filters comes stock on the 27/60 Super Z.? According to my Owners manual and service manual I show 2 #'s for hydr filters . My service manual says element # 783936 , my owners manual shows # 783939. Which is correct and what brand. If someone has an alternate brand, can you give me the #.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The hydro filter on mine was a FPC (Filtration Products Corportation) FPE30-25N. I did a google search for the company and found they have a branch not too far from me. I had to order it, but they could get it. The only reason I even looked anywhere other than the dealer I purchased from is this. In the past, on other mowers, they always tried to sell me a generic replacement filter. That is probably meaningless but I never even checked with them on this one.
  3. imograss

Thanks for the reply. 1 More question. What is the best way to drain the hydro system when changing fluid and filter. The manual doesn't speak of anything except the actual filter replacement. Does the entire system drain when you remove the filter, or do you need to disconnect some lines?
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the hydro tank, the tank is mounted to the mower frame and the frame is cut out where the drain on the tank comes out.
    When you remove the filter some fluid will drain out of the filter head and upper lines.
    Be sure you pre fill the filter before you install it, this will help reduce the amount of air in the system when you restart the mower.
    When changing the hydro fluid, be sure to add Lubrizol to the fluid after filling the reservoir, it requires half (3.5 ounces) of a 7 ounce bottle, Hustler part # 027912.
    The system holds a total of 1.5 gallons or 5.7 quarts of 10W40 motor oil, although it will likely only take 1 gallon or 3.79 quarts of oil on a filter and fluid change.
    The correct hydro filter for the Super Z is Hustler part # 783939.

Hope this helps.
    Let me know if you have anymore questions.

5. imograss

Thanks Pj.