1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

on the front of his walker.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i saw this guy, he had an attachment on the front of his walker. he was doing spring cleanups, and this attachment was like, "tines" i guess you could call them. they were scraping up the little twigs and debris from the grass, and the mower was sucking it up. my question is, what is this attachment called, and do they make them for walk behinds? my dealer said no, but, he also said they don't make striping rollers for walkbehinds :dizzy: . anyone know?

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

It's a tine rake. Walker makes thier own. There is a company called JRCO that makes them for most mower brands, WB and ZTR.

3. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Its a dethatching unit. I have one for my Walker.....also works great to prep lawns before overseeding. In the Spring when all the crap is matted to the lawn this unit lifts its all up without having to fight with a rake! They DO make them for WB's...seen them 1st hand!

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

anyone know where i can get one for a walkbehind?

5. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

jrco ......

6. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

If you're looking for a JRCO tine rake go to their website and they can direct you on purchasing. I bought a leaf plow from them last fall thru Lesco. You have to purchase the mounting bar and all(I think)their attachments mount to the bar. Matt

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Hey mmacsek, how does that leaf plow work. Is it like a gigantic rake or what. Thanks.

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Oh, Bobby is Walker Watching again, lol They work great, and we vac up all that crap too, why we love Walkers. I know of one LCO around here that have one on a WB, I'll see where they got there's from, sure they said out of the states somewhere, they use theres alot in the spring.

9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one on my 36" Scag, BG. It is the JRCO. Saves us a lot of time in the spring, I would highly recommend it. I think I'm going to grab one for my Stander, too.

10. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, just called, and they just modified one bought at TSC, to fit there bobcat.