On the go "Johns"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Mar 24, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend has a 427 coustomer lawn business and he is always on the go. All 4 of his 6x12 enclosed trailers have home-made stand up johns in them in the front of the trailers (made out of PVC pipe and a upside down bleach bottle cut open that drain to a 5 gal. Home Depot paint bucket w/ a top). He's told me, and I agree with him, they're not "Febreeze" smelling, but they don't have time to stop at every McDonalds and let his 28 man crew get out and open the relief valve. He's told me (even though I would of rather not known this) that quite often, almost every day, the guys have to go sooooo bad :cry: , they share one! I didn't know what to say to him at the time, so I didn't say anything :dizzy: !! Anyone have a better solution for him?

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

2. MODOT caries a Jonny on the spot on a trailer when they are woking on the highway.

Great idear.

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the great idea? the homade johns, or the Jonny on the spot?

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

4. The homemade johns.

5. affprop

affprop LawnSite Member

I was out looking at new enclosed trailers yesterday, and they had a line of landscape trailers that had (no kidding) a dinette, a couch (that pulls out to a bed), a little kitchen with refridge stove cabinets and a bathroom with shower. Then you walk through a middle door and there was 14 ft of enclosed trailer for mowers and stuff. REAL COOL. I did not go inside and find out price but Ill bet at least 13000.00. Now that an option.

6. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

In the March issue of Landscape Management There is an add for "Bathroom on Board" by United Trailers (866) 848-1815

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That has to be a real time saver for your friend and his company. Would not want to be around when it is time to empty those containers out though.

Gravely_Man

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Shop vac,, gives new mean to mow, blow and go

9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know if its what your after or much better but I have often thought it would be nice to have an enclosed trailer just for this purpose. I have seen portable Johns (small ones that flush) in camping catalogues like Cabelas. They have many sizes.

Jimbo

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's what you need, the "Bumper Dumper". Here's the link: http://www.bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm

Just what the well equipped lawnman needs when "nature calls". Simply attach a receiver hitch to the front of your truck and mount the "bumper dumper" when needed. You'll be the envy of the commercial lawn cutting crowd in your town. It blends in nicely in the gated upscale communities most of us serve. Sure to be a hit with the homeowners, no more little "surprises" left in the bushes by the lawnguy.

road8.jpg