On the job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Sep 9, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

To maintain my good standing with LawnSite here is my annual validation picture.

9 yrs old and Rhyno is learning the trade, guiding the trucks in and is pretty smooth on the excavator. He's hammering concrete in the pic

Ryan excavator July 2013.jpg

Rhyno July 2013 2.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Red Shed Landscaping

Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member

That's awesome that he can run the ex. I would be scared to let my 9 year old son drive the skid loader. He must be very mature for his age.

That thing looks brand new too.
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I was 9 when I learned the skid, good for him. It's a skill that's worth $$$

Still doing mostly excavation/site work or did you get to sling some brick and block this year?
  4. DVS Hardscaper

He woke up at 5:30 every morning and went to work with me nearly every day during summer vacation this year AND last year.

He even helps unload the truck when we come back at the end of the day. He'll whine "it's too heavy" and I'll say "you gotta be able to stand your dirt bike up by yourself when you're on the track, so think of this as practice" and somehow how he suddenly is able to help unload the truck with no problem!
  5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not seeing ear protection Andrew! Gotta protect our future!! Love seeing that btw.
    My buddies son and daughter both are quite adept at skidsteers and excavators!.
  6. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

My middle daughter is 8. She comes with me to work frequently. She fed me pavers on a patio install one day when one of my guys called out. She drives the equipment around the home property, but not on job sites. And she always wears eye and ear protection.
  7. DVS Hardscaper

C'mon now dude, keep it real. I am 100% certain your daughter did not wear goggles and certain she did not wear ear protection when she fed you pavers. ;)

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of excavator?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. DVS Hardscaper

that's a gehl. now made by...gehl. no longer made by takeuchi. takeuchi is better.