Once a month!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by b727guru, Jun 28, 2005.

1. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

Lady calls me yesterday to stop by and give a quote for lawn mtc. I go to her house and the back is waaaay overgrown the front not too bad.

I tell her due to overgrown backyard, a double cut will be required. I say $70 first cut and $40 thereafter. She looks at me and says "$70 dollars!!! that's a lot!" I again explain the reason for the first cut price.

I then proceed to ask, "will this be for weekly or bi-weekly service?"

She says to me: "once a month" I laughed gave her my card and said no thanks. Call me when you decide for lawn care.

These people!!! they live in a very nice neighborhood and it's the second house when you drive in, so there's a lot of visibility to this home. You'd think they would want it to look nice!! And this is bermuda grass. You don't let Bermuda grow for a month w/out a cut!!!

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

B727, I have one yard only that I do once a month and actually could go longer. It is centipede in a shady yard and it grows super slow. Dont like once a month yards but will take them right now if they are like this. BTW, Buford is a bad word down here come football season! :D

3. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

I guess centipede grass doesn't grow as fast. My house, if I leave over a week it looks like sh***.

I hear that the football team here is pretty good. I don't follow it but I do hear about them from time to time...

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, Buford is awsome. Every year in the state playoffs its either Buford and Clinch or Buford and Charlton and Buford is usually the victor. Clinch and Charlton are my neighboring counties. Most of my yards (when not raining) can go 2 weeks with no problem.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Had an older gentleman call me this morning about a once a month cut. Told him no thanks and he gets all pissy about me not coming out to look at it. I said that is not even something I would consider in the least. I want to use your quote against other quotes. I about died laughing and told him to lose my number and dont ever call me again.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have to admit I have a couple of once a month deals that we do.

One is a Christmas tree farm (about 4 acres) and a couple of open large properties too. I use one of our 325D Toro Groundsmasters. They pretty big (weighing in at around 2K) with 4-wheel drive and power steering, 72 inch decks.

Depending on the property, I get $125 - $175 an hour using them. Works for me :D