one acre lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Shaw, Apr 17, 2004.

1. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

A customer that I mow a commercial for asked me to look at his residence lawn yesterday. He bought the place last summer late and he is concerned that the lawn isn't greening up real fast. It seems to be mostly fine fescue. Has a little bit of crab grass but not much. Looks like it could use dethatching but the volume of it is not practicle I don't think. Asked about treating it and mowing. Any thoughts?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont follow what your question is? Are you asking how much to charge? $45 for mowing.

3. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

dag trevor, $45 an acre?

how do you get any lawns at that price? i charge $30 an acre.

4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

wow, i have some lawns that are about 15 thou square feet and i charge and get $30 a cut, weekly!

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

REALLY?

I always thought i was a bit underpriced here. I've got (1) one acre account, and (1) 3 acre account. The price for the three acres is $150 weekly....(LONG DRIVE!) Thats encouraging to here, that I am making good money.

Thanks.

Alot of it could be parts of the country.

Trevor

6. Lance587

Lance587 LawnSite Member

Im 16 years old and my average is 30-35 for a weekly cut for residential small lawns and i get 80% of my estimates given back as jobs. 30 for an acre, aint no way I'd cut it even with the big equipment

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Shaw - I'm in midwest Iowa, no way for $30/ acre. Our 8-12k lawn are in the $20 range. Bid equipment or not, gotta know your time, your worth and net.

8. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

Yeah i wouldn't do it for less than $45. Just wondering about the greenup of the grass. I think it's cause it's the fine fescue. Didn't look that bad to me but the customer was concerned.