One Contract, 75 Locations, 18 Mi radius

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalCareSolutions, Mar 25, 2003.

1. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Totalcare- You may want to tour each location, first to see how long it would take to get there, and then how long to service each one. This would give you a better idea, otherwise you are taking a wild guess. LGF and Hoss made good points, I think you could make this work. They would be good stops to fill in Mondays and Tuesdays, which are usually lighter than later in the week. Good luck with whatever you decide. Mike

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This could really work out for you if you go with the advice of doing half one week and the other half the next. Does it include any free oil changesÂ…Â…..just kidding!:D

Gravely_Man

3. Lodi Lawn

Lodi Lawn LawnSite Member

We do 2 oil-change locations with small areas of grass and spend more time picking up paper and other junk than we do mowing. I would not do them for for any less than $50 each.

4. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks lodiLawn,

Again, the original proposal was for $65 and would have included picking up said debris/trash.

But, the proposal I submitted was specifically seperated into (1) Parking Sweeps/Cleanup (2) Landscaping, with both combined for an annual total.

They have distinctly countered with Parking/Ceanup eliminated. In fact stating: " ..not necessary,.. not a restaurant...cant afford".

5. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

Check and see what kind of insurance you need. A business ussually wants you to be totally insured. I bid a place at $3000 a month for 8 months. My new insurance, under their terms was an increase of $2500. All that glitters is not gold. Some is though, good luck.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Geez Mike, you are a genius! See there are some brains to go along w/ your good looks - lol.

The NEW LGF - a plethora of knowledge - now more refined;)

7. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Conpro,

I had the needed Insurance when I submitted the proposal. I would be nervous to ever submit a bid without being sure I could go forward with the work, could ruin a reputation quickly.