one fuel mix for all

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crewforeman, Feb 8, 2004.

1. crewforeman

crewforeman LawnSite Member

I have heard that there is a new oil mix that can be run in anything. Anyone heard of this, using it, worth it. I know alot of people are running 50:1 and I believe we will be going to it shortly but from what this guy said it was a one for all......marketed that way ..any ideas?
  2. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Yes been using it for 5 years now Tanika all my equipment shin,stihl.even my crappy old homlite saw no problems + it has a fuel stabilizer in it to.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Echo or Shindaiwa 2 stroke mix in all my 2 strokes. No problems in 11 years
  4. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

I run amsoils 100:1 8oz to 6 gal I generally mix it 8oz to 5 gal whichs make it 80:1 and is better for more sever duty. If you feel you have too you can mix it at any ratio you want
    and that can be used in all 2 cycle engines. :cool:
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I use Opti 2 cycle mix. It is a "one for all" mix and I love it. You can buy it in just about any quantity from one gallon mix packets to five gallon buckets. I have started buying it in 2.5 gallon mix packets (makes 2.5 gal. of mixed fuel..) It's neat and easy that way.
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have been using Opti as well..No problems with any 2 stroke equipment..Less headaches, and best of all one mix can in the mowing trailer instead of three..
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have been using the Opti 2 since 2000 and it is awesome. No smokeout to the operator and I haven't had a clogged exhaust since then. I get it in the 1 gal jug that makes 100 gallons of fuel mixture. The cost is .41 cents per gallon.
  8. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Amsoil 100:1, Only thing I have ever used in ALL my stuff: edger, weedwacker, Lawnboy Commercial (15 years old and still running), outboards from 5hp up to 300hp. NEVER an engine failure, always some other demise that took them down.
  9. MR. Nomo

MR. Nomo LawnSite Member

As of a month ago I went to AMSOIL 100:1 mix. It has done well thus far in all of my equipment. Mixing @ 80:1 also.
    I hope it does well I bought a case of it!!
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Opti II here also.