1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

One Hell of a Route to Plan - 400+ Properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got about 400 properties scheduled for the next two weeks. Stuff like this is a blast to plan out.

I'm not bragging, I just thought I would post a screenshot of part of my route for those who are up and coming will have some motivation.

Work hard, bid correctly, advertise constantly and you can do it.

[​IMG]

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

That's a big area to cover!

3. MowHouston

It is. You should have seen it when I first started. I was going all over the place. :D

It all paid off though.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like a 35+ mile radius, are all these large commercial or is there somw residential mixed in?

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

how many crews do you have?...that's a ton of yards...i would think 4 crews?...i dunno the yards here seem to be bigger than most areas...we used to do 10 yards a day with a crew of 3 people which should give you an idea of the average sized lot here.

6. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

I have 1000 yards to do tomorrow, i better start planning my route. Let me find my map

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. MowHouston

These are all residentials.

Average lot size before improvement is 7000 sq ft. Some as low as 2,000 sq ft. Largest is 13,000 sq ft.

I have two three-man crews. We do 25-30/day.

380 or so of these are foreclosures with a two week time frame on them, so we can split them up into two weeks. About 50 of them are regular customers with top priority.

8. MowHouston

I should also mention that some of them that look to be far out will actually be handed off to someone else, so I guess those don't count.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

party on wayne...party on garth :)

10. MowHouston

rofl. Time for some Youtube after that comment.