One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I priced the 61" turf tiger w/ 28hp Cat diesel shy under $16k. I think the 2011 Turf tiger for $9k w/ 0% for 48mnths is my best option.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have a walker so i cant debate very well but my biggest regret is getting rid of my exmark 60 with the 35hp briggs vangaurd. Its power and speed go along way after 35-40 hours a week of mowing.

Im sure a walker is a great mower but i hate the controls, and hate the third wheel mark but with a diesel engine in small deck and mower, i bet it would last thousands of hours. You will replace everything before the engine goes.

3. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

and for 5 grand less, you could put that down on a truck and have an extreamely small payment for a dump truck

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Jacob, I think the scag for 9k is your best option. Good luck with the decisions!

5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

scott dont confuse him like that. im a scag man too, but walker is deff his best bet. i just did a commercial yard today and it was about a foot tall of sticky weed crap and my walker never clogged or thought twice about bagging. get the walker and do yourself the favor, youll make money from the walker.

6. KrayzKajun

Not having a good day. Got the bill for the repairs & service on my skidsteer.(Not even gunna go there). Got a puncture in the sidewall of a tire on my dump trailer. O welll gunna be a beer drinking night.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Same here. Been waiting for 3.5 hours with 2 guys for the stupid nursery to deliver sod. Oh well, win some lose some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KrayzKajun

Well atleast when I checked my bank account balances, I have a few grand more than I thought. Lol. I really need to take a day to myself and just relax a little. Can't wait for my big meeting with the Highschool in the morning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Well then seeing a few more grand in the bank should make ur day a little better..haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You need to be aware the Walker mowers are finish mowers and have a more complex drive system that can be damaged more easily. The Scags are tanks that can handle properties that are less then ideal. Just remember those big mowers are for large mostly flat areas only. I bought a 52" years ago think it would be great and save time but it was too big for most of my properties. I had scalping in the high spots and 6" tall grass in the low spots. For residential use it's hard to go bigger then 36 if quality is the main goal.