1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

The new company involves doin stormwater and erosion construction/management.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

thats where the big money is at bro. my excavation income is easily 3 times what my landscape income is then again ive been doing excavation longer than maintenence.

foundations and septic systems. big money...

3. KrayzKajun

This is the route I plan to follow with my new endeavor. been doing a lot of research on the Stormwater, Erosion and Sediment management. Seems there is a real market for that stuff especially down south in my area. Not only in residential/commercial developments, but in industrial and coastal/wetland restoration. I'm working on a couple of certifications through the state of louisiana and the EPA. I'm drawing up a business plan to work off of. Goal is to start small with stormwater/retention pond repairs & maintenance, drainage installs/repairs and construction site erosion control. Then eventually evolve into a full scale Stormwater/Erosion System design & development.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Ok, will do. I'm in the process of tryin to more commercial jobs. So either this month or next month I'll be free off of my J-O-B:drinkup:

5. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

your gonna need some big equipment for stormwater/erosion control, i am already scared for your wallet

6. KrayzKajun

I'm working on a bid for a retention pond overhaul rightnow. The way I'm figuring it will allow for the purchase of a used D3 dozer and 16k# excavator. I plan to use the first few jobs to purchase equipment, price them to cover exspenses, make a lil profit and pay a machine off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of work for and with the Corps of Engineers.

8. KrayzKajun

That's the exact reason I'm getting all the EPA Certifications and working on a Coastal & Wetland Habitat restoration license through the state of louisiana.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

some pics of my 4'x8' sign me and my guys put up on friday. ive gotten 5calls from the sign already!

some pics fro the high school install we are working on, still trying to find all the different irrigation systems and zones they have installed. everything is so out of date, that they have decided we should just tear it all out and put new systems in.payuppayuppayup

IMG-20120601-00425.jpg

IMG-20120601-00428.jpg

IMG-20120601-00430.jpg

IMG-20120602-00433.jpg

10. KrayzKajun

few more pics fom the highschool!

IMG-20120603-00457.jpg

IMG-20120603-00458.jpg

IMG-20120603-00460.jpg

IMG-20120603-00461.jpg