One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Well decided to keep my mustang skidsteer and add a 4x4 tractor w/ front end loader to my fleet. Prolly going with a New Holland Boomer 50 w/ FEL & 6ft cutter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I have a JD 4400 and it won't even pick up a pallet of salt.

It was great for running a batwing mower though lol

It's been at JD for the last 4 weeks for an injection pump. Only has 600 hours on it. I can't wait to get rid of it for a skid lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

So you're going to sell the Ford tractor?

4. KrayzKajun

The ford belongs to a friend. I have free use of it being I care for all the equipment. I'm at the point where I need my own tractor(picked up another contract for bushhogging) and I'm done sharing equipment with someone else. I always seem to get the short end of the stick. Ill post some pics later of the New Holland Workmaster 45 I demoed on a bushhogging job today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Right right, that makes sense. Its just more of a hassle to borrow. Can't wait to see the NH. If you have the work and need it, then make the move!

6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

why not a ctl with a brushcat?

7. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Why dont you just get a bush hog attachment for your skid steer, then save up a get a track machine. Tractors are worthless for landscaping... Maybe good for bush hogging, but i would rather bush hog going forward and in air conditioning with my track machine. If you add a tractor you still dont have a machine that can pick up a pallet of practically anything. How do you guys landscape without being able to move a pallet of sod around? A mini skid and mid frame skid steer is the perfect set up for just about every type of landscaping.

8. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn you beat me to it!

9. KrayzKajun

The two new bushhogging contracts I've picked up are for a total of approx 200+ acres cut, every 5-6weeks during the growing season. My skidsteer is payed off so I would rather keep it and add a tractor in the 50hp range for bushogging and moving dirt/mulch at my yard. Working on a few more bushogging clearing contracts so may upgrade to a CTL with brushcat next season. Some of the areas I'm cutting are pretty rough and stay wet, so the 4wd tractor prevails in those areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Krazy were not trying to talk you out of it but help you out. I would at least look for a bigger tractor I have 50 hp I believe and it's as powerful as my garden tractor. Lol

It's hard to beat a ctl bush hogging. The biggest thing for me is being able to see what I'm cutting and not worrying about getting stuck. Hogging with a tractor you have to worry about rubbing over debris, flat tires, etc.

Just some food for thought
    Posted via Mobile Device