One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Start to another long day. Got all the plants in at one of the school entrances, then went bushhogging untill 930pm yesterday. Should get 90% of the other entrance done today, then go finish up my bushhogging job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GreyFlames

GreyFlames Inactive

You guys should start doing tick control as a new service. 4 applications per year. If you use a granular you can apply it in the rain. It will help you even out your work load if you can get a day worth to do each week.

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Man I couldn't make it. I was playing catch up. After today I should be caught up. I'll pass by one day soon.

4. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

Hey is it worth the hundred mile round trip to lacombe? How cheap can he be? Or does he deliver? I use Anthony's on L and A road not real cheap but it shure helps in time saved. I guess I don't do big installs like you either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

For a small install maynot be worth the drive, but on a $3k or more plant order, a few bucks per plant add up quick. And I don't mind driving or paying more for a higher quality plant. After all those installs represent my company name and image.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Rained out again?

7. KrayzKajun

Nope. We did 22yards by 2pm and called it quits. The heat was getting to me. I'm out finishing up a bushhogging job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

I hear what you are saying on quality plants. I just figured you would have someone closer. I do know Banting's use to give a good discount to people in the biz back when it was still owned by the Banting's but I have not been there in years.

One thing I do need to do more is stop at more retail nurseries. I was floored last time I did .

Stopped rainin so back to work!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

Bantings still gives a very nice discount to contractors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

My mom is very good friends with them. I get a REALLY good discount hehe. When you gonna hire me to come cut grass? I need more work!