One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Yea mowing is EOW right now. We did 25 on mon/tues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

Got my test batch of 1k postcards. Came up with a new design to try. Going for a more professional look. These will go out this week. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Krazy how much did your insurance go up when you go into tree work. I'm looking at studying for my aroborist license over the winter and getting into tree work next year. Was wondering if the cost of insurance was astronomical? The new postcards are looking good!

4. KrayzKajun

Adding tree work made my insurance go from $1300/yr to $1800/yr 2million policy
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Mine wasn't to bad I'm paying around $1200 or so for a $1 million policy right now, are you becoming a certified with I.S.A or local Arborists association? My plan is to become certified with the Kansas Chapter and once i graduate become I.S.A certified.

6. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I just started looking into the certification. I looked at the i.s.a certification but I still need for find out what is required in my state. I talked to a friend who I went to college with and he said he took the arborist exam when he graduated last year and said it was pretty easy. A lot of the stuff I have learned already in regards to trimming and pruning while in school.

7. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

im in the same boat you are in. Im taking my arborist exam in the spring debating on the pestiside/herbicide exam I think tree work is a great thing to have on your list and can make some good $$$$$

8. KrayzKajun

Hoping these postcards will make a better first impression than the last ones ive done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

What about the postal logo on the postcard and the other stamp or whatever they need?

Postcard looks real nice though!

10. KrayzKajun

These are ones im mailing with a stamp. I will do a 6x9 card for EDDM and leave the required spaces. Started training this morning the Crescent City Classic on April 30th. 6.2miles. Plan to raise money and donate to the Wounded Warrior Foundation and the Alzheimers Association.
    Posted via Mobile Device