1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

$700. I think its a good deal
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Muddywater will tell you that you got ripped off and that you'll go bankrupt in a month for trying to spend your money on equipment!

That does look like a good deal.

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

What's up neighbor? I live in Ama. I'm only bout 20 minutes from you. How much are you still cutting per week. I'm only only going out 3-4 days a week. Commercial only, no residental.

4. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

That thing could be parted out for more than $700 ... definitely a good deal! ... What I want to know is how the hell this guy finds all these awesome deals ... I'm beginning to think he has a crew dedicated to both finding items for sale and them "Convincing" customers that the price he wants for it is a really good price for them to sell it for lol

A little good old fashion negotiating
    GansterJoe.jpg

GansterJoe.jpg

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

You haven't lost control of any more shopping carts have you?

Maybe not ripped off. $700 isn't a bad price, but then again that is probably what it is worth. Mower has probably got 2500hrs and is over 6 years old. Not something I would want to depend on or dump money in.

40k truck and a $700 mower.

6. KrayzKajun

Mower is 6yrs old. The motor is only 2yrs old. Bought it to fix up and use to cut overgrown lots etc..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. muddywater

A hydro pump cost $500 on ebay. And if the pump goes, more than likely it will contaminate the wheel motor which is another $500. And hopefully the hydraulic filter caught all of the debris and did not contaminate the other other sides pump and wheel motor or that could be another $1000.

Have you seen it run?

8. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

So would he have been better off spending $11k on a new one? You make no freakin sense. Buy something new and you go on a rant, buy something used and you also go on a rant. Good god man chill the hell out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

Put a new battery on the mower last night. Drove it around my yard. I think the pumps just need a rebuild or maybe a good flush and new seals,filters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. muddywater

I tryto buy tigers with less than 500 hrs for around 5k. Run it for two years and sell it for 3500. Operating cost of $750 a year plus maintenance costs. Does that make sense?

I am not sure rebuilding is a good idea, replacing internal stuff gets expensive and it is better to buy new most of the time. When my pump gets weak, it usually takes out the wheel motor as well bc the filter is after the wheel motor. Both really need to be inspected.
    Posted via Mobile Device