1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

It won't be long before yours implodes. It probably runs a little better now because you removed the filter that had all of the metal in it causing flow restriction.

2. muddywater

I agree it has some problems. This sign is something you want to stand out. People are driving by and it needs to grab there attention. I dont think you can skimp on plant cost when you are doing it for advertising purposes. I would like concentrated heavy annual color. A raised central large annual bed would be great for winter. Winter annuals would require little maintenance. A texas flag of annual color would be neat or bright yellow and true blue would grab attention. I would want more height as well on the corners.... Crepe myrtles or emerald arborviteas or tree form savannah/foster/nelly hollies. Indian hawethornes and clearya remind me of lowes. Color grabs attention, so i would want easy color... Knockouts gold mops kaleidoscope abelia.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Or its a collapsing hydraulic line, it happened with my Scag walkbehind. Had all those symptoms.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in Louisiana not texas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but what would be the best way to handle this? I am thinking of flushing the system again. Would a rebuild help? Thanks for ruining my day.
    mike

6. muddywater

Stick a magnet in your hydraulic tank and see if you have metal.

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Will do thanks...
    Mike

8. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the shrubs in front of the hawthorn are viburnums. They're gonna get BIG. I'd suggest taking them out now; the longer you wait, the harder they'll be to pull out. Not sure how much design training/ experience you have, but most small plants (shrubs, groundcovers, perennials, annuals, etc.) look nice planted in masses/ odd numbered groups (at least in a bed of that shape). A couple rows of hawthorn or loropetulum, some nice masses of agapanthus or bicolor iris on each side (maybe iris for the height they'll provide, which will help mask the blank areas of the block sign), and a big mass of seasonal color (maybe yellow/ purple pansies --- LSU!) would have looked really nice. Be careful of going for too much variety, especially in such a small area. It begins to look overcrowded and distracting. Grouping the plants will help them to read a lot easier and will provide an overall more polished look... Just my .02.

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Chase. I plan to change a few things up. Still learning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

If your not learning you going backwards. We are always learning. You can teach us all something about marketing, your signs stands out more than the westwego sign! good placement!