One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

few pics from today. started tearing out the old landscape lighting and plants.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KrayzKajun

3. KrayzKajun

a few from today. had some weather setbacks this week. will finish leveling out the beds and tearing the old plant material out 2morrow.

due to the rain the last few days, we rented this lil badboy as not to tear the yard up so much. my wheeled skidsterr would have made a mess.

im really debating selling my skidsteer and getting a mini tracked skid like a Vermeer or ditch witch etc.. would really help being im doing more landscape installs and for tree work etc... in back yards

more pics up 2morrow night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

keep on renting those little bastards, they break down twice as much as a skid will. Looks like a nice fun project though. Cant wait to see the end result

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Say what? Mini's are just as reliable as the larger ones. For his type of business a mini would make him more money that a skid steer. They aren't just for backyards. Prepping 10k sq ft or less for sod, trenching for irrigation, mulch in existing lawns, augering holes and carrying bnbs across established turf. We only use our takie for moving sod and large grading jobs, and my dingos are ALWAYS on the jobsite.

6. KrayzKajun

Muddy I actually agree with you on this. I've actually done a lot of hand labor on past jobs, jus so I don't do more damaged wit my skidsteer. Having one of these walk behinds would have saved me a lot of time and money!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

So if one was to get one or the other (dingo or full size skid) which would be the way to go? I'm kinda wanting a small or medium sized skid next year but if the dingo is that much better....
    mike

8. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Was going to edit my original post but I ran out of time....
    I'm getting into irrigation...which would be the better one? Would a dingo w/ a trencher and bucket be better? But what about a pallets of sod blocks junk etc? Can you get a trencher for a full size bob?
    mike

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

You can get a trencher for a full size bobcat or skid steer but if your going to be doing a lot of irrigation a dingo or mini skid steer would be my choice with a trencher or a vibratory plow would work good. And you can still move sod and blocks just not a whole pallet at a time.

10. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

MCC - I would definitely steer you away from buying a full-size skid with the intention of running a trencher attachment for irrigation lines. We have an MT-52 with a trencher, and occasionally have space limitations that prevent us from using it; I can only begin to imagine that trouble that you'd have trenching with a larger machine.

Regarding your questions about moving pallets, etc. - there's no perfect machine. If there was something that could do it all, everyone would have one. You need to figure out what's going to work best and be most productive for you...

Jacob --- looking forward to seeing the finished photos! :drinkup: