Lawn Care Forum banner

One Krayzee Kajun Ent. 2013

316K views 1K replies 137 participants last post by  PLLandscape 
#1 ·
Start the year off with a few random pics. Moving into a new yard/shop thus week. Will try to keep this years thread up to par with last year.

Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
#153 ·
Looks very light duty:waving:
Very much the opposite, one piece spade and handle, all alloy steel. Mine weights in around 15lbs and can be used as a pry bar. I find it great for planting as it will cut through roots well and bust through compacted clay.

BTW why do all your post have the waving smiley?

#154 ·
This may be a dumb question but did you call and have the utilities marked before trenching your edge? I've always been told to call anytime I stick a shovel in the ground no matter the depth. It just seems like an inconvenience especially when you're edging the flower bed and the ultimate goal is to make the yard look nice then you have all of these utility paintings over the yard.

#161 ·
Roofing.....this is lawnsite....just pushing your buttons:waving:
Its fine i like to be well rounded. And they aren't my jobs i work with s buddy its some nice extra cash especially during drought times. I have to say though if I was not in landscape business it would be roofing cause in my area the price of a roof just keeps climbing.
Posted via Mobile Device

#163 ·
#165 ·
Krayz how would you figure out the cubic feet for a flowerbed when 1 bed starts at 8ft to 5ft to 8ft and back to 5ft for the width and 28ft in length. And the other one starts at 8ft to 5ft to 4ft in width and the length is 40ft mulch at 3"
Posted via Mobile Device

#166 ·
Krayz how would you figure out the cubic feet for a flowerbed when 1 bed starts at 8ft to 5ft to 8ft and back to 5ft for the width and 28ft in length. And the other one starts at 8ft to 5ft to 4ft in width and the length is 40ft mulch at 3"
Posted via Mobile Device
I usually just pick a nice middle number say use 6' for width x length. 40' + 28' = 68'x6'= 408 x .33 = 134cuft. 134\27 = 4.9 cuyds.
Posted via Mobile Device

#167 · (Edited)
So what I did is use 3" of mulch at .25
So 68'x6'=408 x .25 = 102cuft. 102\27=3.7 cubic yards. Which is 51 bags right?
I also have another flowerbed which is 27'x6'=162cuft. x .25= 40.5cuft 40.5\27= 1.5 which is 20 bags right?

So do these formula make sense to you?

Krayz, even you didn't see the flowerbeds what would you charge the customers for a clean-up job. Take in consideration the amount of mulch I'm using and the size of the beds. 3 flowerbeds total, no trimming, re-edging. I would say it's about an 8-10 hour job with 2 guys.

#168 ·
So what I did is use 3" of mulch at .25
So 68'x6'=408 x .25 = 102cuft. 102\27=3.7 cubic yards. Which is 51 bags right?
I also have another flowerbed which is 27'x6'=162cuft. x .25= 40.5cuft 40.5\27= 1.5 which is 20 bags right?

So do these formula make sense to you?
Yes 1.5 yards is correct. 1.5 yards=40.5 cubic feet. So how many bags you need depends on how many cubic ft the bags hold. The bags around here are 3 cubic ft. So 40.5/3=13.5 bags. I posted this on the other thread you were asking about. Why don't you read it.

You gotta remember to convert your inches (depth) to feet or the math will be all wrong.

Inches to feet conversions:
1"divided by 12"= .08
2"= .17
3"= .25
4" = .33

Always remember to do LengthxWidthxDepth to find your cubic feet. As stated above, there are 27 cubic feet in a yard so...take your cubic feet and divide it by 27 to get your cubic yards needed. It's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

1 cubic yard will cover:
324 sq. ft at 1" depth
162 at 2"
108 at 3"
81 sq ft. At 4"

Once you remember those numbers you can estimate faster and without a calculator.

#169 ·
Yes 1.5 yards is correct. 1.5 yards=40.5 cubic feet. So how many bags you need depends on how many cubic ft the bags hold. The bags around here are 3 cubic ft. So 40.5/3=13.5 bags. I posted this on the other thread you were asking about. Why don't you read it.

You gotta remember to convert your inches (depth) to feet or the math will be all wrong.

Inches to feet conversions:
1"divided by 12"= .08
2"= .17
3"= .25
4" = .33

Always remember to do LengthxWidthxDepth to find your cubic feet. As stated above, there are 27 cubic feet in a yard so...take your cubic feet and divide it by 27 to get your cubic yards needed. It's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

1 cubic yard will cover:
324 sq. ft at 1" depth
162 at 2"
108 at 3"
81 sq ft. At 4"

Once you remember those numbers you can estimate faster and without a calculator.
Yea I did read it earlier, I wanted to make sure I was right. The bags around here is normally 2 cubic ft. So base on the formula use provided is it based off of 2 cubic ft bags or 3 cubic ft bags?

My mulch app doesn't tell me that.

#170 ·
I usually just pick a nice middle number say use 6' for width x length. 40' + 28' = 68'x6'= 408 x .33 = 134cuft. 134\27 = 4.9 cuyds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Krayz, what would you charge base off my measurement from the post earlier? It's a 8-10 hour job with 2 guys.

#174 ·
Hey man if you have a yard with room to stock mulch you should call Southen mulch they can help you make a ton on mulch work. They will deliver 100 yards to you cheap. You need room for the 18 wheeler to get in your yard and they deliver with a walking floor trailer. i wish I had the room. Heck you could even go get it with your dump trailer and still save money on product. They are north of Baton Rouge.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.