One Krayzee Kajun Ent. Landscape Contractors 2014

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Hey Krayz who sells sod around here other than Delta Sod or Jefferson Feed? Jefferson Feed has a truck coming in the morning and I need 3 pallets. Just want a back up plan just incase the truck doesn't show up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ended the week on a positive note. Landed two bushhogging contracts today. Nothing major, but it's $400 more a month in work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Krayz what's with the sod question?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

My bad I didn't see the post on my phone. Delta and Jefferson feed are the only I know of down here. There is Simpson sod in Covington.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Ok
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KrayzKajun

Bush-hogging/clearing job we looked at this morning.
    It's actually in the middle of a very upscale golf course community.
    Hard to believe there is a pond & ditch, and a waste water treatment plant hidden in all tht brush. It hasn't been cut in 2years. The aerial shot shows the area we are going to cut clear. Also have to bring in some dirt to build the bank up around a pond at the entrance to the area due to trucks driving along the edge.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

Well since we got 8" + of rain last Friday night everything is still saturated and holding water. Managed to bushhogg two new accnts. On a good note phone has been ringing like crazy. Meeting with a home builder about doing culvert installs for driveways and final grade/sod on close to a dozen new homes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KrayzKajun

Few bushhogging pics.
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    Property backed up to a beautiful bayou with a nice gated community on the other side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another one we did yesterday:
    Finishing up the rear 7acres right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ErnieMccracken

ErnieMccracken LawnSite Member

I love seeing photos of the brush hog jobs. It looks like satisfying work. After it's all knocked down, do you normally spray to slow future growth?

10. KrayzKajun

Back 7acres we bushhogged today on one of our new accnts.
    [​IMG]

Lil drainage job we have to do a temp fix on 2morrow morning. Ground is soft from all the rain & when truck came to switch out dumpsters, crushed the corrugated culvert. So now water is backing up the ditches along the whole street. We are going to pump the water from one side across to the ditch on opposite side, so we can dig a trench next to the old pipe and put a smaller hard pipe in to just drain the water. It's a temp fix until the new culvert goes in when they cement the driveway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device