1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

One lawn....2 different companies treating it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, May 23, 2006.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

How about this one......

Today I pull up to a customers home that I have been treating since Summer 05. My last application was in early April, but the lawn was very green and lush. It should not have been since nutrients just don't hold up that long. I suspect something is going on.

The customer hired a company late last Summer to do weekly reel mowing. They've done a great job, but apparently the company was doing more than just mowing. I called them today and discovered they were providing a total fert and weed control program as well. Apparently this customer doesn't realize she is paying 2 companies to do the same thing.

So what do I do? Drive off and forget the application. It would have been a bad move to fertilize the lawn when it really wasn't necessary.

It was easy to guess who the company was by the quality of the mowing. My first guess was correct. After calling the company, they were a bit confused as well and reportedly skipped their Round 2 treatment when they saw my sign posted in the lawn.

I have no idea how this will turn out. Most likely I will be the loser in this deal.