one long day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Just some venting here, my day started about 1 am when two little hurricanes named franny and kristy woke me up in the middle of the night.

Well off to work first account goes smooth so i start to think maybe that little celtic voice in my head saying its gonna be a bad luck day was wrong.

LOl What a day it was. hydro goes out on a toro zmaster and me and my nefhew gotta push that thing up on the trailer and get to the dealer merciful that it is still under warrenty.
    next the trailer gets a flatt no spare so i gotta buy a tire.
    Next piece of bad luck nefhew runs a scag walkbehind right up against wooden fence knocking out two boards that we gonna have to replace.

Then somehow one of the pins on the caster wheels on the scag comes loose and the front tire comes off and he runs over the tire destroying it.

Well i told him its time to quit pack it up go home.
    If tomorrow is like today im gonna have a breakdown:dizzy:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That's tough. Sorry your having all this luck. I think after the 2nd thing I would have packed it in. After all that, I would have the breakdown tonight. Break out the Jack and coke, time to relieve some stess.

3. dr grass

dr grass Banned

sorry about your luck. right now i have an earache in BOTH ears. one of my guys twisted his ankle the other day.i took my 225 hopper in today and paid 35 bucks for them to change a fuse!!! aghhhhh ..... save me a seat in the funny farm bro, ill be there shortly to keep you company..... lmao.

shep :confused:

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Break out the Jack, screw the Coke!
    Sounds like this is more in order!

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It's the time of the year...we're all tired and tired of gettin' beat of working like we do. Been another long year for most of us.

Oh no, now it's the leaves soon.

Good God I need a break...now

6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The same thing happened to me on my Scag, the caster pin came out & the wheel went under the deck & ...what a mess. No real damage ..Thank God! Good luck

7. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

Sorry for your luck!

Bad days happen to all of us... once upon a time a 36" scag walk behind of mine vanished. Turned out the operator made a left turn into a 5' pond!!! Believe it or not after five of us fished it out and serviced it, the thing was back on the job 3 hours later.

The moral; Never give up

8. Here's what i broke out, diabetes are not mr walker helped me a lot tonight:D

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Walker is the savior of all LCO's.

Whoops, wrong Walker.

Sorry to hear about your bad day. It happens to the best of us. I can't feel so bad now that I finally dried off and thawed out after mowing and aerating in a cool rain.

Tomorrow has to be better. But don't count on those 2 little darlings giving you any rest.

10. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dust off your pants, take the reins and get back on that horse. After a good nights sleep of course.

Take care!
    Jim