1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

One Man, Three apartment complexes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TYLAWN, Mar 4, 2004.

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

Is it possible? How many one man LCO's have a big work load.
  2. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

depends on the apt complex... sure it's possible
  3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, possible. Depending on the workload, it may not be smart for an extended period of time but it's possible.
  4. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have 3 complexes, not to big though. The largest one takes me a full day by myself (busting arse!). As the others have stated, it can be done but this year I will probably get some help for that biggest one. It sucks to trim for 4 hours straight, just depends on your physical limitations.
  5. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

We didnt get a chance to really test it because one of the hydros was broken at the expo, but jungle jim co. makes a foot operated machine that frees up your hands to trim. It felt pretty comfortable to Ed and I. Might wanna check that out, would save you some hassles of hiring people.

6. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Say what????????
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I tested one before and if you have a lot of trimming or blowing, it could be the ticket.Costs about the same as a high end belt mower or low end hydro.I think its called the ZTF1000? Not too sure about the name, but you can swing the backpack blower rack around to start it w/o getting off the machine....BTW- We have a complex that takes24 man hours per mowing, so be careful not to get in over your head..Goood luck..
  8. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

How many acres, how many buildings, how much trimming and edging?
  9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

3 acres of turf in main areas, 2.5 in broken sections.Bldgs are lettered A -K, 11 main buildings with 20 secondary buildings.Lots of line trimming, blowing.No edging.We also do the turf program, tree skirting, mulching, shrub trimming, leaf removal , and 2 color rotations per year as well.Spot spraying the ornamental beds is included in weekly servicewhen we mow.
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the 6 complexes we do. Yeah I wouldnt want to tackle those by myself on regular basis. I have done it a few times with just 2 of us. Those were killer days.