one more fastrack finding a new home

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jeepster, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Got tired of trying to figure out the best mower for my yard. Its frustrating work. Fastrack 48 w/19 Kawie comming off the truck mon.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sweet !!
    Congrats and welcome to the family !!
    You are a close family member to me..... I will have to stop by and celebrate the new arrival with you... :drinkup:

Pj

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

hey pj,
    why don't you get some good cigars and send to the proud new papa's upon the arrival of there new baby!

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure I can get those past accounting on my expense report....lol...lol...

5. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

First mowing yesterday after installing hourmeter. Nice cut @4 1/2". I like to cut it tall this time of year. The great part of the machine is it only took me 1/2 hr vs 1 1/2 hr the old lawnmower used to take( I'm talking a acre yard). There is plenty of room to stretch out on the machine (I'm 6'1") And I like the low profile of the unit. make it nice getting under limbs. Trimming around trees with the fastrak is a dream compaired to the old mower. Quick and easy. My backyard where I have many pine trees only took 15 min to cut. The old mower, cub cadet 2130, would take 40 min + and most of the time I would do a shoddy job and not finish due to frustration. The speed of the fastrak highlights any bumps in the yard one didnt notice before and the little knolls and swale in the yard point out how ridged the suspention is lifting a wheel off the ground. No scalping though (@4 1/2"). I dont think it'll be a problem. Just will have to go through a little learning curve on the best way to attack those areas. All in all I am quite pleased with the machine.

Dan

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

A few more times mowing the lawn and you will be a expert operator.
    Where are the pics???

7. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Working a zero turn is no problem as I mow regular for a school district. Many acres/sports fields to mow and durning peak growing its a 5 day rotation to keep up. The unit I use is a exmark lazer (hp or z?) 31hp 6' cut. That is one of the reasons I wanted a new lawnmower for home. I got spoiled using the lazer.....when it was time to mow my own yard I didnt want to do it because of how long it was gonna take. Like riding a slug. I must add though that the hustler doesn't ride as nice as the exmark. Man I can fly on that but it is also heavier and has bigger tires. Also cost much more money.

Part of the problem with the ride is how much faster the fastrak is compaired to my old mower. With the old mower you really didnt notice the bumps because you didnt go that fast. I need to get a few more mowings with the Fastrak in and adjust the handles and armrests to fit me. Also I will prob find that I really dont need to go full bore to get the job done in the time I would like to finish it in. I just like the fact there is no more waisted motion turning and going around things.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

OK.
    Get adjusted to running it on your property and you will be fine I am sure.
    You can also add a set of Flex Forks to your new mower, that will smooth out the ride considerably.
    Check your tire pressure also.

Pj