One more question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cleancutccl, Sep 16, 2004.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, but I have another question. Doing a lot of estimates and a lot of questions are coming up. I'm doing some estimates on some gas stations, they don't have sprinklers, and frankly not much actual grass, mostly weeds. But they want me to do weed treatments during the year. I told them i could do a pre emergent crabgrass along with a fertilizer, then another treatment for broadleaf weeds, then spot spray the rest of the season. Do you think this is a good idea, because they don't have much grass will it end up looking like a dirt field.

I already know that most won't spring for the cost of verticutting of overseeding of any kind.

Thanks for your feedback

2. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

maybe give them a sample. Just one island and maybe they will spring for a seed job when they seed how crappy it looks.

3. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

do your job the way it should be done. When all weeds are gone they find the money for seeding and ur the hero for making it look so nice

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Well , well and more well
    Hwere in AZ , we use gravel/rock to landscape with .
    We have all kinds , colors and sizes .

5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks alot, spray the weeds leave the dirt, then they won't have a choice other than seeding in the fall. Good idea, more money.