One of bobbygedd's customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkjockey, Apr 24, 2004.

1. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

I think some of bobby's customers are moving south.LOL. Lady called me today to give her an estimate. I show up and we begin to talk and she is the nicest old lady in the world (seemed too good to be true). Sure enough, her grandkids show up at the house and they refer to her as "purlple nana" and it is then that I notice that she is dressed entirely in purple. Then as we are talking about the yard she asks if I can kill the dandelions and I say "sure". However, she then asks me if it will kill the "violet" (actually speedwell) in her yard. I tell her that it will and she then decides not to have the lawn treated because she doesn't want to harm the "violet" (because its purple):confused: So I guess my question is, what would bobby do?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok granny, i'll give you a choice: the dandelions, the violets, or the shovel? don't matter to me which one you choose
  3. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

I told her I'd spot treat the dandelions. Besides, I don't have a purple shovel to hit her with.:)
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Spray the lawns to kill the weed then dye the grass purple. Everybody's happy. Do you have to wear a Barney costume to cut the lawn? Might be a tip in it.
  5. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

What ever you do, DO NOT pull out the purple helmet warrior!
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well timed and executed mpflood, I can't stop laughing.