One of my fears...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gcbailey, Jun 24, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i worry about getting a ticket doing that

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not too worried, I don't block full lanes, just give me a little buffer room, and anyways, Im sure LEOs will understand you wanting a little space...bet they don't like getting buzzed anymore than we do.

I recently saw a landscape contractor block..I'd say roughly a mile worth of a lane on a somewhat busy road to do a large mulch job. They had it all, truck mounted attenuators, cones, signs, the whole sha-bang. I thought you had to have some type of certification to do that much though, but who knows, maybe they did have it.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i need to look into it. see what is required

4. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I put comes out as well. It makes me feel a little bit better knowing they see something that catches their attention when going around my trailer.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the cops go after the driver that ran down my cones and caused me to have to jump in between the tractor and tandems. His employer got an ear full from me and likely fired him from the way he responded in my phone call.

7. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, cones give you a audible warning if a car hits one, might give you just enough time to jump out of the way, or at least flip em a bird,:laugh: lol. I've always used them.

8. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

My ADD keep me from reading that one.

9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I've put out cones through a whole career of unloading heavy equipment/wide loads on various roads from tollways to townships, and never received a ticket or was ever approached by an officer for it. To the contrary they have pulled up behind me and signaled me to go right ahead, as they parked and put their lights on to direct traffic clear of my work unloading.

10. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

It is scary. Im in a full time profession where I am on the shoulder of the highway all the time. Tractor trailers are the worst!