One of my new Toro's

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Oct 29, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

So far so good. Much better that using wb's.

Toro-1.jpg

2. South Florida Lawns

from usa

This one (same as 1st. picture) is new for this year, bought it in march.

toro2.jpg

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Nice unit, I had one of those for about 300 hours. I traded it for a 52 and bought a Walker for the small stuff.

Those Toros are fast but can fit in some tight spots:cool:

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice mower, whats up with the CAT sticker on first pick? That thing aint a diesel is it...

5. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I will take some more tomorrow. I should be getting my new one back from my buddy, it needed the hydraulic filter changed. Might just buy a third for next season, same size 44'' seems to suit me well.

toro3.jpg

6. South Florida Lawns

from usa

The thing was brand new and Pedro goes and runs it into a tree. I was like I thought you knew how to run these things? I also have a friend in the Caterpillar marine engine division, and he hooks me up with all kinds of crap.

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Gosh how do you use that thing with out foot asest deck lift........how long have you had it for

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

You bought one with a super flow deck?:dizzy:

torolandscaper- that is a little 44" deck. It doesn't weigh as much as the big heavy 52" and 60" turbo force decks.

Looks like a nice machine though. I'm thinking about one of those w/ a 52" deck for ztr #2.

9. South Florida Lawns

from usa

The smallest that Toro makes. 44". Have you seen a common Florida yard? Not big at all, so there really is no need for anything bigger. Whats wrong with the SFS decks? I have not had a problem with them yet, they provide an excellent cut and never clog or leave clumps. The whole machine mulches quite nicely just wish it had more hp. at times.

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

They haven't gotten as good as reviews for quality of cut and durability as the turbo force deck... Maybe it is just us cool season grasses in the north.

What engine is in that and how much did it run you?

Thanks