one of our first projects...pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Jacob's Yardworks LLC, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

we've done a few small paver jobs this one the most recent so tell me what yall think, comments and criticism welcome im always looking to improve!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the last one is pops truck
    [​IMG]

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great man. Curve is smooth, pattern is consistent... one thing I can suggest is extending the base a couple more inches on either side.

How old are you? How long have you been in the biz? I guess you're making the shift to some construction aspects of the green industry. From the looks of it, you're starting off on the right foot :)

3. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Well I just turned 18 this month and im in college now, long story short i started the business when i was younger and it got so big so fast my dad resigned his full time job of 20 years and is now running my/our business full time. 7 full time employees now and still growing. I run the few hardscapes we do with a couple guys, one who knows a fair amount about hardscaping too. But hey i figure the best way to learn more is just get out and do it. Thanks for the kind words!

4. PlatinumLandCon

Check this out:

You get what I'm saying?

walkway1.jpg

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

You should of run that long walkway in a runner pattern for sure, would of eliminated so much cutting and saved you some brick too! Small walkway looks nice.

6. PlatinumLandCon

This guy is a genius, listen to what he has to say. The curves are smooth so you wouldn't have needed any cuts in the field pavers if you did it in a runner like zedo said.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno bout all that, Andy :)

Running bond pattern would certainly have looked nice. No doubt.

Sometimes when it comes to architecture, you can't be concerned with saving time and pavers. :hammerhead: I really like the walk. The pattern he used is very unique, it demonstrats an emphasis on attention to detail. and really gives that walkway a personality :walking:

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Fill both sides of the walk with solid, continuous masses of Black Eyed Susans and it will look quite nice.

9. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

PlatinumLandCon: I definitely see what your saying about eliminating that soldier course there.

DVS: Thanks for the kind words, I had some ideas like the Black Eyed Susans and such for around the walk but the home owners are big in gardening so they wanted to do that part themselves.

zedo: we kept all the pavers running the same way as on the raised patio so they were square up to it. But next time ill think about the running bond to eliminate all those cuts!

10. Reconwalls

Reconwalls LawnSite Member

run your soldier course all they way to the landing. It would make it look like the walk way is longer. Still keep the horizontal border going the same way just a little shorter.

Just what i like. Looks good though.