One of our recent truck renovations

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JimLewis, Mar 31, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Someone asked in the other thread how it's possible to get a nice paint job for $1000. Well, here is the transformation of a truck we bought 1 month ago.

http://www.cybcon.com/~jimlewis/ChevyTruck.html

Note: You don't have to use old trucks. That doesn't really even matter. But my point is, if you don't have a lot of $, you can still look nice.

2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't get that link to work :-(

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, I fixed the problem with the link. Works now.......

4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Jim, all I can say is "AWESOME"!

I'm shipping my old truck to you!:D

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real good jim.:D

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

7. How much was to Armeral?

Looks as good as new now.

Also in the other thread I read that someone said with the old trucks you need to keep a machanic around.

My answer to this is, not on these older truck, there is not much to break on them.

8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a sharp looking vehicle.

I'm making out fine with my 1989 Bronco, which is not exactly a spring chicken but it does look nice. I wish I could post a pic but I don't have a scanner :-(

One thing I can add about coming into great vehicles at reduced prices would be check out your local town auctions. Once, I picked up a 6 year old Crown Vic for $200 that was listed as having "transmission" trouble. The real problem was a broken $2 clip where the accelerator rod connected. It had 56K miles & all i did was put a new battery in it plus a tank of gas, then drove it for 3 years with no trouble! At that same sale a friend of mine picked up a Toyota 4WD auto shift for $800, which would have made a great work truck, and also an old fire engine for $100......that ran!!!!!!!!

9. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

Nice Truck, you are right, it does'nt take a $40,000 truck to look good...:D

10. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Jim,

Nice Philosophy. I have learned how to be professional on a tight budget. But you seemed to have mastered it. Good way to be. I bet you have a high net. :blob4: