one of them days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, May 8, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

well after cutting 18 lawns today on the second last one my clutch went. all the money i thought i made today handed to the dealer for a new clutch. $355.00 for a clutch for a cub cadet tank.. not only is it built like a tank it costs that much to fix..

2. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

milo, i know i only have 15 accounts and i am only 16, but on Saturday when i was using my redmax trimmer I ran out of line. i had already mowed the lawn and I had no extra line on my golfcart that i use to pull my trailer around because i don;t have a driver's license, and i didn;t have any trim line at my house. I had to go all the way to my dealer and then come back to finish the lawn. What a bummer. I couldn't imagine how you feel. LawnInOrder

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

How many hours on the unit? We are picking up a new Tank M48 tomorrow. Our lazer hp has 2,200 on the original clutch but I think thats fairly abnormal to have that many hours on the original clutch.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

they are like boats, very expensive.... tanks are good machines, how many hours on that clutch..... and just as a thought, what are your rpms when you engage the clutch...

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

its not your age, or your method of transportation that is making me laugh.......... (why do you not have extra spools already loaded and ready to go...):dizzy:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You drive a golf cart pulling a trailer on a public road? :confused:

7. LawnInOrder

yea, my dad is a cop for internal affairs, and most people around the neigborhood love me and my work. The cops don;t borther me, becasue the only time I take it out is to plow snow or pull my trailer. I will post sum pictures of it soon. It goes pretty fast, and my route is tight. All my accounts are on the same side of town. daveintoledo I know i should have extra spools ready to go, but since i just got the redmax a couple weeks ago and finishing building the golfcart I didn;t have time to pick up some extra spools at my dealer. I learned my lesson already so I am ordering 2 extra spool heads. I wonder what it is going to cost? I should have pictures of my set-up posted by this weekend. Thanks LawnInOrder

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

hi clutch went at 727 hours on it.. that is about normal from what i know.. my exmark zhp went at like 800 hours and my turf tiger went at 900 hours.. 2000 hours on one clutch does not seem real and on a exmark without a adjustable clutch??? i guess it could happen but that is a looonnnnggggg time for a clutch to last..

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

you plow snow with it too? what kind is it?

10. LawnInOrder

custom built golf cart off a 94 yamaha G2 frame.It is a 18hp kawi liquid cooled, with a roll cage and other stuff. I have the materails to make a bed for it, but i didn;t have time to make it yet.All the welding done by me. it works but doesn't look pretty becasue it is paint brown, becasue that is the only paint i had and wanted to keep it from rusting, wiring is all loose, etc. I will try to take sum pictures by this weekend. LawnInOrder