One of those days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stafford Landscaping, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

One of those days, I was mowing one of my commercial accounts today I set the deck height at 3.5 and started mowing after about five minute's I had realized that I never turned the blades on what an idiot: dizzy: Has anybody done this or something similar?

2. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Been There. Done That!! Thought the mower was exceptionally quiet!

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive forgot to let the deck down before but not engage the blades.......but its always the 1st time so.........

wayne

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh see when I first park the Wb on the trailer right after I'm done cutting, I let the engine idle so it cools down, right? Ok, so in the meantime I start my trimmer and more than a few times did my mind just blip and I went off weed-eating and by the time I got back to my trailer, the Wb was still idling. :cry:

Another good one is pulling to start a 2-cycler like the handheld blower, first no choke and nothing... Ok, set the choke, still nothing, so unset the choke and pull and PULL and *PULL* and &^$%^!!! ... Oh... The ignition switch is still on O instead of I ;)

The one I REALLY hate is re-filling the sprayer with round-up. First, release pressure, then refill and set it back in the truck (and forgot to close the stupid pressure release valve) and by the time I get to my first yard, it's already half empty. This one bugs me bad. :dizzy:

5. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

My big consistant blooper is taking my earplug out of my ear and tucking it behind my ear, then when I get to the next account start looking all over the ground cause I cannot find it.

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Or the times when you put your sunglasses on the brim of your hat, then asking your help if they have seen your sunglasses and them looking at you like you are an idiot!

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

its a nice feeling knowing your not alone

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just did that one the other day. Probably pulled the rope 15 times wondering why it would not start.

9. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny. I did the same thing the first week of owning the Z-Cat. Made about half of 1 pass and realized still in transport mode. Looked around feeling mighty stupid and have never done since.

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny. I did the same thing the first week of owning the Z-Cat. Made about half of 1 pass and realized still in transport mode. Looked around feeling mighty stupid and have never done since.

Another thing is the employee is always cranking and cranking on the rope to find out that it's still on O. I have always been in the habit of shutting off and then flip it to | before putting back.