1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

One of those days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, May 19, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

At 1:30 we were on our way home from cutting 20 lawns. We were on the highway cruising along then suddenly we started loosing speed then the truck died. I drifted it onto the shoulder and it wouldnt restart so there we were with a loaded truck and trailer. My friend jumps out and starts tapping the coil and control module and the truck starts (its been acting like it has a bad coil for the past 4 weeks). So I merge and get about 1 mile and it dies again and wont restart this time.

So my mother comes with her expedition and I hook the trailer up and bring it on home. Mean while my father is still on the highway with the truck waiting for a tow to our friends shop. On top of that while we were working today we noticed the leaf spring on the trailer had snapped in half on the back side so we took it easy the rest of the day. The axle was resting on the frame and still holding tight to the leafspring which was being held in place with the front eye bolt. Its supposed to rain tomorrow so I guess I will be stuck sitting in the rain trying to install a new leafspring.

Sorry just had to vent :cry:

On a side note my fiance got us 5 tickets to the nationals game tonight in her companys suit and also a parking pass right next to the ball field. I am looking forward to seeing the new stadium in person.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL yeah I know about that one :laugh:

Hell yeah man I keep a brand spanking new spare ignition coil inside the cab of my truck,
    that crap only had to happen to me one time and I bought TWO coils lol
    because they're all high performance ones anyhow so they interchange to a point,
    and with two cars I always have at least one spare coil of some kind somewhere
    but the best part is everybody thinks I'm crazy!

Ahaha yeah ...

btw it's pretty funny... later.