One or two wheel velke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, May 14, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I have a 36" Toro on the way but I have to get my own Velke/sulky thing.

I figure two wheels so I don't have a middle line and to distribute weight but I've never used these things before. It also wants me to specify 16" or 18" rocker arm.

I'm looking at this and would like some recommendations because I've heard about certain velke's breaking down ofter etc. If this isn't a good one could someone tell where I can buy online and get shipped to canada?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VELKE-NO-VKX2-3B-TWO-WHEEL-PRO-SULKEY_W0QQitemZ200002281353QQihZ010QQcategoryZ29520QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Hello,

You might want to check out our line of sulkies at:

http://www.trailerracks.com/mowers.html

We have both a single wheel and a two wheel version. Both feature a fully adjustable drawbar, a universal mounting plate, and a galvanized steel construction.

Remember, lawnsite.com members get 10% Off with coupon code: lawnsite1

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Matt, Nice looking unit. I like the galvinized aspect of it...

I have used both 1 and 2 wheel velke's I prefer the 2 wheel variety...My two wheeled was a rocket wheels......

4. kanklawn

kanklawn LawnSite Member

I've used both, and each has a single drawback. If you're on the beefy side and habitually put most of your weight on one leg, like I do on a long straight run, the nylon bushing wears out and you have a wobbly platform. When I put my 2nd machine on the road I opted for the 2-wheel job, and soon found out, when I began running into stuff, that it tracks inside the single-wheel version. Overall, though, I prefer the single-wheel variety.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Is your mower hydro or belt? If it is hydro, I would get a sulky with casters.

6. BPLS1993

BPLS1993 LawnSite Member

Hey PM me your phone number and email i will give you a call i have a 2 wheel velki have been looking to sell it came off a 36 inch toro!

7. Vikings

from canada

Belt drive, t-bar.

8. Vikings

from canada

Well I'm not sure if I want used one even though I'm very close to you. I'm in Winnipeg.

9. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

I use a 2 wheel Velke with a 15" arm on my 52" Ferris dual hydro and a 2 wheel Velke with a 18" arm on my 36" Red Hawk dual hydro.

10. Vikings

from canada

Any difference in comfort between the two lengths? or has it just to do with having long arms.