One reason to have Insurance....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wells, May 20, 2007.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I have been picking up these things up off peoples lawns left and right this season. In just the eight weeks that we have been mowing I have already picked up over 21 of these and not one has come from the same property.

Several of them have rattled around under the deck before I knew they were there but most were spotted in thick grass before they were ran over. I used to just leave them on the grass but they never seems to get picked up but rather kicked around a little causing the same potential hazard the following week so now If I see one on the lawn I hold onto it.

With so many of these things laying around I would be scared to death not having any liability insurance.

g2.jpg

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I think those could cause some serious damage if they came zinging out of the discharge...

I don't think that anyone without a lick of common sense would attempt to operate without insurance, but that's just my thought.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Oh Holy Smokes Wells!@

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You are absolutely right Wells. We have one account right across the road from a popular golf course. Last year alone, Matt brought home over 200 golf balls through out the season. I actually would be scared to death to live there especially having any young kids in the yard.

5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Yep everyone should have insurance anyways, but I sent one accidentally through a 3/4" piece of deck glass a few years back. I paid for it, but what if you hit someone?

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I know,i pick up a least 5 a week.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I used to pick these things up, too.
    The more I grabbed, the more grew back, weird.

8. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: very funny

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HAve u guys ever seen Bevis and butt head, they started selling golf balls that they picked up and did quite well........

may be an expandshion for your business........or just take up golf...

Thx For the post

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea guys. When I was younger I went to my grandma's, who lives behind a golf course, and got well over 200 balls per season. I cleaned them, and sold them through the fence the golfers, and to the locl pro shop :)