One Stop Shop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thefarmer4, Feb 18, 2001.

1. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

Who offers a one stop shop for lawn and landscape maintenance. Has it worked well for you and what services do you sub out.

Currently we do mowing, edging, mulching, weeding beds, shrub trimming, clean ups, and more the only thing we don't do is spraying and fertilizing on lawns.(do any of you sub this out)

We do fertilize shrubs and do soil testing.
    We are mostly a maint. company but we do some plantings and decorative walls.

I'm trying to set up customers with a "Total Maintenance Plan" and have them pay us over six months.

Does any one else do something like this and how do you do it?

2. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

Just checked to see if there were any replies.
    Nothing yet doesn't anyone have any comment?

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Farmer,

This year I switched over from "by the item"charge to seasonal billed over 10 months (as per kirby's inspiration). I included everything from last year (which had the most cuts in many years), added on 2 hours leaf cleanup (just in case), and raised rates3-7%(I haven't increases in 3 years, so it was due). I presented this 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten any complaints. I followed up with a phone call to see if they had any questions about the changes , but most understood what and why. It will make it easier to budget time knowing what lies ahead, as well as money, knowing what to expect each month minimum. It will also help with bulk materials purchases like mulch.

jeffyr

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Interesting Jeffyr, hope it goes well!!!

I bill 12 months and includes mowing, edging, trimming, blowing, fertilizing, weed control, weed control around paved areas, and a small amount of leaf control. I also include spring clean-up.

Aeration, seeding, soil test, aeravation, pine needles, and other "stuff" are add-on's.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We offer full service to all of our customers, It is just their option to pay for it. Usually customers take the first year to get to know us and then in the following years we do full maintenance for them..